« Home | The Holy Fish »

The Dead Sea Saga

The Dead Sea Saga
Talk of unique experiences and I bet none comes even closer to what you get at The Dead Sea.. It is one stuff that cannot be described in words. You get into knee high water, just let your legs go and voila you start floating. I was searching for some kind of hold when I did that, but the land beneath is very slippery. I was confused, did not know what to do, I was kicking the water, rolling on it, and doing all sort of stupic things. Then it struck me like lightning that there is no point resiting the forces of nature, better flow with it, that did the trick, you can see how far I have gotten into. I swear I can’t swim in knee deep water, forget about that far where the depth is anywhere betwee one metre to a metre and a half.

It was a pity most of the people confined themselves very near to the shore. I was infact one of the few people who ventured a bit deep, around 10mts from the shore. I am not sure why they do this, I would say they only had half the cake. The time I went was around sunset, hence I did not venture much beyond, else I was sure I would have given it a try to venture into Jordan across the Israeli. You can see Jordan in the picture right across.

At 400mts., below the sea level amdist a desert, it was a pretty sight. You can see this here. The shot was from near the Qumran Caves. The caves where 2000 year old Hebrew Scrolls were found.

It was my first experience in dead sea, and like icing on the cake I got to see some pretty sightings. A prelude to these can be found in the picture above. Be assured what you got to know hear is just opening shot -:).

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

nice pics. i have always wondered ... how far can one go into the dead sea w/o actually drowing oneself to death? try that out for me , will u
? :P

Post a Comment

Previous posts

Archives

Google Docs -- Web word processing and spreadsheets. Edit this page (if you have permission) | Report spam